Thought I’d try Officer Stilinski since I did Officer Hale last time…
- Hufflepuff. HUFF le PUFF.
- They’re mostly considered nice and peaceful.
- They live right by the kitchen.
- Their head of house teaches herbology.
- “Badger” is exactly the kind of animal a stoner would come up with.
- Slytherins obviously do cocaine.
THIS TAG OMG.
(Source: , via meechwoods)
Since it doesn’t look like anyone’s getting arrested today what do you say we put sex back on the table?
Sterek AU: Stiles is excited to finally get to do some real undercover work. All he has to do is seduce a man into agreeing to pay to have sex with him. Shouldn’t be too hard… right?
Derek is part of an ongoing investigation into a human trafficking ring. Tonight he has the fun job of rounding up sex workers to see if any of them have any information on their bosses.
This is what happens when people don’t read their inter-agency memos. Chaos.
Based on this post
"so basically stand your ground only applies to white people in florida"
~tumblr user droll-child
Okay guys, I need your help! Three years ago, this man (Michael Giles) was violently attacked outside a club in Florida during a large brawl involving almost 30-40 people. Giles was in danger of getting severely injured by one particular aggressor (unnamed), and in an effort to escape the crowd and save himself, he fired a legally registered weapon that he had at the time. Although the bullet did strike the aggressor’s leg, it did not seriously injure him. Giles then proceeded to try and find his friends to leave the area as soon as possible.
Several witnesses testified that Giles had not provoked anything and that the aggressor had started fights earlier that night. The aggressor himself admitted (in court) that he attacked Giles spontaneously. Also, Giles did not continue firing after his first bullet had gotten him a chance to escape. He left the area as soon as he could.
Despite this, Michael Giles received a mandatory 25-year sentence for “aggravated battery with a deadly weapon causing bodily harm”. There’s a plethora of evidence showing that this case should fall under the stand-your-ground law, but this appeal was denied by the judge.
Michael Giles was even a member of the United States Airforce at the time. “He had no prior criminal offenses, no history of violence, and was a outstanding father and Airman.”
The only major reason his sentence is so harsh is because of his race.
The judge himself is quoted as saying, “Frankly, I think the 25-year mandatory is overly harsh based on the facts of this case, but that’s what the law requires I do and I intend to follow the law.”
This is a link to the change.org petition started by Michael Giles’ parents. They are simply asking Governor Rick Scott and the Clemency Board to commute his sentence, and right now they need about 40,000 more signatures to reach their goal.
PLEASE, PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION AND REBLOG THIS TO SPREAD THE MESSAGE!!
Because it’s that sort of day.
OKAY BUT CAN WE JUST TALK ABOUT BROOKLYN NINE NINE FOR A SECOND AND WHY PEOPLE NEED TO GET ON THIS SHIT:
- this can’t be said enough but a diverse cast!!!!! out of a main cast of 7, 4 are PoC. one of whom is gay, the other of whom subverts the ~angry black man~ trope and is the self-professed ‘proud mother hen’ of the precinct (and he also enjoys yoghurt parfaits, foreign films, and loves his daughters more than anything in the world), and the other two are latina women.
- speaking of which, ladies!!!! the women are in this show are all friends, and even have centric episodes based on their friendships. though one of the women is very competitive, they’re never catty, and they care about each other!
- once again touching on the ladies, one of the them is a typical “badass “character, with a penchant for leather jackets and destroying computers with fire extinguishers, and has no tragic backstory or reasoning for her behaviour, something that isn’t often seen with female characters like this.
- captain! holt! a gay black man who is the captain of the precinct. however, his sexuality is never made the butt of any joke, and the homophobia he faced in the NYPD is never glossed over or ignored, instead it is a central part of his character’s motivations. likewise, the sexism that women in the force would’ve been subjected to in the past has also been pointed out.
- with such a diverse cast, often shows feel the need to make fun of their character’s races (glee, i am looking at you), but not once has any character’s race been made into a joke. likewise, neither has holt’s sexuality, or the women’s gender.
- whilst the main character is a straight white male, he is made to recognize his privilege, which is not something you often see on television. instead, the privilege he has over his fellow colleagues is pointed out to him regularly, and he has called out the nypd for the discrimination they have shown.
- they subvert the nice guy trope!!!!! a male character had been pining over one of his colleagues for over a year, and not only did the show point out his behaviour as creepy and out of line (and nothing ~romantic), they apologized for it!
- and finally, every character on the show is an angel (except gina, but she’s wired to thrive on dysfunction), just about every combination of characters has been paired together in different episodes, and it’s fucking hilarious!!!!!
brooklyn nine nine is a hilarious show with a diverse cast - and not only treats this diverse cast with respect, but also points out the problematic behaviour directed towards them. it subverts the typically offensive tropes in comedy, whilst making jokes that don’t need to rely on race and sexuality. it’s not perfect, but it’s pretty damn close to it.
i am laughing because i just started imagining a gordon ramsay-like feminist writer who, rather than helping to keep restaurants in business, goes to writers of television shows and films and chastises them for the sexism, racism, and general lack of diversity in their scripts
#(gordon ramsay voice) SO YOU’RE TELLING ME THAT THIS WONDERFUL FEMALE CHARACTER#HAS BEEN STRIPPED OF HER INDEPENDENCE TO BE USED AS A PLOT TOOL FOR THE MALE PROTAGONIST?#SHE’S A WOMAN NOT A FUCKING ANIMAL SIDEKICK#WHAT IS THIS THE 1960S?#LOOK AT THIS TALENTED ACTRESS YOU HAVE TO WORK WITH#SHE HAS SO MUCH POTENTIAL AND YOU ARE REDUCING HER ROLE TO A FUCKING ZOMBIE#FUCK ME#(throws script down)
Oh my god I would pay so much money to watch this program.
BEST SHOW EVER